Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ponderings

The other day, I heard the announcer on the radio say there were only a few weeks left in 2008! As I am quite wrapped up in my home life at the moment, this took me by surprise. Yes, it's almost the New Year.
The year 2008 was incredibly emotional for me. So many ups and downs.....and it went by in a blur. It seems like I was always waiting for the 'next thing'. Waiting for the the 'pink line' on the stick, waiting for the nausea to go away, waiting to find out the sex of our baby, waiting for the c-section, waiting for Liam to stop crying....and on and on. I seriously wished the whole year away and it's gone by so very very fast!
I am hoping to savor the moments of 2009 a bit more. Just enjoy each day without anticipating what's to come. A big challenge for a worry-wart such as myself who likes to borrow trouble!
We have some big plans for 2009 that will make it very memorable. I'm glad to be able to share them with you on my blog!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

What are your BIG PLANS??? Are you going to get the long awaited puppy??? Hahaha

Stephanie said...

I bet you're finally going to Ireland :)

Keri's Collage... said...

A great post Rach. I know that 2008 wasn't exactly what you planned. I'm glad that all of the waiting turned into something beautiful!
We are very excited for what 2009 will bring you!

Passionate Eater said...

Have a great new 2009, I hope it will be even better than 2008 (and 2008 was great)!

Sinead said...

We can't wait for 2009 either! Hopefully it will be a year to remember for you all!

cayman77 said...

Wow!!!!! Cant wait to see what 2009 has in store for your adorable fam!

Anonymous said...

Even for those of us who didn't wish the year away, it still went by way too quickly. It seems that every year goes by faster and faster.

I can't wait to hear all about your big plans for 2009. We've got lots of plans and dreams for 2009 too. There should be lots of blogging next year! lol

Terry said...

What? 2008 is almost gone? Why didn't somebody tell me? I'm still back in the 80's!

Dickie Chick said...

Time does go waaaaayyyy too fast! Especially when you are focused on a baby. Can't wait to see what you have in store for 2009. I think I have an idea! ;o)

Fiona said...

thansk for a good reminder, rachel. live in the moment instead of looking for the next thing to happen.