Monday, December 15, 2008

The Weather Outside is Frightful!

I think this is the third straight day of bone-chilling howling winds. It's so painfully cold out there! We are now parking K's jeep on the driveway and each morning we just hope it starts. The cars are used to wet not freeze!
One of our main concerns is the hot tub. A few weeks ago it started to trip the breaker and shut down. Keith emailed Beachcomber and after many discussions and whatnot it was discovered the heater has died. The good news is the part is under warranty and it's easy enough for Keith to replace on his own. The bad news is that the pipes in the tub don't have warm water running through them and we're worried they are going to freeze and crack. The part arrived just an hour ago so just as soon as Keith can, it's going in.
Today seemed extra long for two reasons. This morning as I approached the school to drop off the kids I noticed all the teachers lined up along the drop-off lane speaking to each car. Turns out that the school had no power or heat! So...we turned around and all went back home. The kids were excited to have an extended weekend and possibly spend the day playing their PS2. All those plans went to pot as the power went off just before 10:00 am and didn't come back on until after 3 pm! It sure got cold in our house! I thought about going to the mall but didn't know how to manually lift the garage door. So the boys played board games and I washed my kitchen floor and cupboards to stay warm. My mom came by for a few hours so I could do a bit of Christmas shopping. Everyone else in Abbotsford had the same idea and the mall was packed to the gills!
On top of all this it seems Liam has a touch of the flu. He's been puking a lot and it's more than just his usual spit up. His appetite is dimished quite a bit as well. But he's smiley and not showing any signs of dehydration so we hope it just goes away as quickly as ours did.


Liam did a huge puke on Keith last night!

10 comments:

Kori's House said...

Brr. It sure has been cold!! We are hoping and praying our truck continues to start each morning. We don't want a repeat of last winter!!

Keith - you are a good sport!!

Canadian Kristin said...

Ahhhhhh, the baby puke!



Bummer that you got all the way to school and THEN found out it was closed...I didn't hear it on the radio, wonder why??!!?

Terry said...

Good attitude Keith. You are taking it with a smile.

Anonymous said...

I can't begin to imagine how chilly your house must have gotten yesterday! When I heard about the power outages I felt so bad for all of you Lower Mainlanders. Glad you survived the day. :)

Great pic of Keith, by the way. Makes me SO glad that those days are way behind me!

villagegirl said...

What a trooper Keith is! I'm pretty impressed he's still smiling. :)
It's been so freaking cold!! Although I'd still rather have cold than rain but this has been a wee bit more than us balmy BC-ers are used to.
Sorry to hear about your power. I'd have come picked you up. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Keith, at least he has a smile on his face, but with Liam how can you not!!
Sheila

Jenn said...

Nice puke pic!

Chastity said...

Even with baby puke all over him, your hubby is still quite handsome :).

AF said...

HA! Oh that's good!

Lovella ♥ said...

I laughed out loud. . poor guy. .