Saturday, January 17, 2009

Beautiful but C.O.L.D.!!!

Wow is it ever gorgeous out there! The weather is lovely with all the mountain views and very fresh crisp air. The only thing about winter sun streaming in my windows is that I see dirt and dust everywhere. That is quickly remedied by tilting my blinds closed a wee bit :)
Actually my mom very graciously came over to watch Liam and clean my kitchen blinds last week while I was at the dentist. I'm very thankful because the dusty grease is so hard to clean off.
Keith is on a course for work today so I took the boys out for a long walk to get some fresh air and exercise. It sure felt good!


I haven't blogged in a bit.
Here is the latest:

~our vehicles have not sold. I am trying not to be discouraged but not even one bite on either of them makes me a little nervous.
~we are in the middle of a project in our kitchen that is becoming very frustrating but is almost done. A post should be coming in the next day or two of course.
~my brother is in Hawaii right now and I am very jealous and perturbed that he didn't want me along as a chaperone :)
~we haven't been able to walk up and down our driveway for about a week due to the frost. A north-facing steep driveway in winter is the pits. It NEVER thaws out!
~we were able to pass along our 'spare room' queen size bed to my cousin and his wife who had been sleeping on a double mattress on the floor since they've been married 1.5 yrs ago. We had a great sermon last week on giving and keeping too much 'stuff' in our lives and it convicted us to let go of things we keep 'just in case' to be used by someone here and now!
That's it....'til next time!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds like a gorgeous walk. We're still socked in by fog here. The sun keeps teasing me that it's going to come out, but then, no sun...
See you next week... We can hardly wait to meet Liam!

Terry said...

Now that I am 'all caught up' you don't have to bother coming over tonight. On second thought, I can't eat that Blackberry pie all by myself, and I need some bonding time with the 'boys'.

The Riley's said...

Where's Liam in the 1st picture? (I'm guessing he is under all those nice warm blankets, possibly sleeping) Wishing we had the sun over here in Richmond, it has been very dreary the last few day!

Keri's Collage... said...

What a beautiful day it was!
Thanks to the sunlight, I went on a dusting rampage!
The boys looked nice and cozy for your walk!

Fiona said...

A great sermon is only as good as those who listen to it and follow through. :)

villagegirl said...

Ugh, I know what you mean about the dust. I just close mine too.:)
I won't complain about the sun though. I'd take cold sun over rain any day! Makes waking so much more enjoyable!

Kori's House said...

Love the green jackets with the blue sky!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm incredibly jealous of your blue skies.