Sunday, January 18, 2009

Finito

My dad called us last week to let us know of a great opportunity. It seems that one of his customers was trying to get rid of an range microwave. The lady was short and found it difficult to reach the back of the microwave to clean it. He thought of us and there was a swift transaction made. We got a one month old unit for a fraction of the cost of a new one! And I just love a good deal. We really didn't need one but our microwave was 14 years old and took up valuable counter space. My dad assured us it would be easy to install. Ahem....this was a very trying few days for my husband. The unit was not easy to install and it took Keith a total of nine hours to get it installed!

Before (the range hood already removed)


After
Look at the face on that man. Utterly fed up and very glad it's finally installed!

Just a goofy picture of my baby wearing Nate's specs. Let's hope he never has to wear them for real.

Liam now sits with us as we are eating our meals. He's liking being a part of the family during mealtime. I think he's very close to being ready to try some solids. He watches us eat very intently! I think by four months we'll be dishing up some scrumptious rice cereal.
Today Keith took me on a date. After many weeks of dropping hints and having one or ten emotional break downs he wised up and arranged an afternoon matinee for us. It was really nice to get away from all three lads. We saw 'Yes Man' (not our first choice but 'Doubt' wasn't playing in town anymore) and it was pretty funny. Crass but funny! We found ourselves laughing when no one else in the theatre was so I suspect it was plain giddiness from being 'kidlesss' for an afternoon. Thanks Mom and Dad for taking the boys!


10 comments:

Kori's House said...

Good Job Keith... sorry it was a pain in your butt! We had heard horror stories, you proved it :)

Stephanie said...

Nice new microwave! We had one put into our old place and I loved it. Unfortunately, we can't do it here since the cupboards are too low, but I do remember that we got one of Jon's techie friends in to do it for us because of the difficulty involved. Good job, Keith!

Terry said...

Good that you got it in alright, even though with great difficulty. As for your 'kidless' afternoon, I think we had just as good a time as you did!

Anonymous said...

Terrific looking microwave! I'm sure it will be worth all of the effort.

I'm glad to hear that you got to enjoy some kid-free hours. :)

charlotte mgcc said...

i would love a microwave over the range, but have my darling hubby install it, well lets just say i don't think so.....;-)
i am so glad that you had a little break, they are so good to get and i hope you get them a little more often, than not.

Kerry said...

The microwave looks great! And good for you for going on a date. We had one a little while ago and it was really nice. I feel like Moms need them more or we can go a little nutty. :)

Murray and Tracy said...

That is looks awesome in your kitchen. I am with you when it comes to deals. :)
If you looking for a kidless after noon again, we would love to have the boys come for a visit.

Shawna said...

Yay for the new microwave, yours must have had it out for you!

Yippeee for the kid-free afternoon! It's hard being a Momma and you deserve the break!

*S

Lovella ♥ said...

I love my microwave on top of the stove. . I'm reading down your posts so I already know what you do with your microwave. . .so enjoy those warm ups. .
And awesome that you got away for a date.

Fiona said...

Are you sure that look on Keith's face is exhaustion and not, "Do you have to take a picture of me right now?" ha ha

I saw Yes, Man, too and found it quite funny, but yeah, coulda done without that old granny part. Seriously!