Sunday, August 23, 2009

An Afternoon with Stanley

Just felt like going to the seawall at Stanley Park this afternoon...so we did!

Lost Lagoon
The weather was perfect. Warm but not too warm with a breeze.

We walked very briskly and did the whole seawall much faster than I thought we could. We had to stop for a rest at one point to feed Liam.

And we had a snack too. The very last of our treats from Europe.




Jaffa cakes are a soft vanilla wafer with a thin layer of orange jelly and then coated in chocolate. Quite nice!


I wouldn't say no to a cruise right about now.

We hadn't stopped at the totem poles for years. Didn't you used to be able to stand right next to them? I thought the landscaping was very poor....mow the grass or plant flowers or do a rock garden....anything would be better than that mess!

Reality will hit us all tomorrow as I start back to work! Yikes!

7 comments:

Keri's Collage... said...

All the best on your first day back to work Rach!

Terry said...

Nice photos. It was a great day for it.

Stephanie said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow on your first day at the new job! So excited for you :)

Canadian Kristin said...

Looks like a very fun "last day of mat. leave"! Good luck at work tomorrow!!! Enjoy your new setting, will think of you each time I drive past!!!

Murray and Tracy said...

Good Luck to you on your first day at your new job. I know you will do well. I would love to hear all about it, email me if you get a chance. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fabulous day! Wasn't the weather just perfect in Vancouver yesterday?

Jenn said...

Looks like you enjoyed my birthday very much :)
You all look great! Hope your job is going well so far...