Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August Activities

I'm starting to realize that my carefree days on maternity leave are coming to an end. I'm a bit sad even though I've stated many times that being home this past year has been tough. Liam is starting to really blossom and I'm sad to know that I'll be missing out on four days a week of his life. Bummer.Liam enjoys standing at the gate like a caged monkey!


Enough of that meloncholy. I'm doing my best to make the most of my last bit of 'freedom' before the crazy fall days are here.
Today, I had an appointment in the morning to get a lump dug out of my head....good times. No, it wasn't as bad as all that. I had a mole that annoyed me when I combed over it so I had it taken off. It was much easier than I thought it would be and wished I would have done it a whole lot sooner. I'm a chicken! My gene pool has dictated me covered in freckles, spots, moles, beauty marks etc. I've never craved a tattoo because I'm already marked for life thank you very much.

This afternoon I surprised the boys by letting them pick out a recipe from their kids cookbook and actually letting them help me make it! I'm not the type of mom to enjoy this sort of activity but I knew it would mean a lot to them so that's what we did. Chad chose 'Stained Glass Cookies'.



We also headed out to the park so Liam could swing for a bit. He's an adrenalin junkie and loves to sway for quite a while while I read on the bench. The kids play and run over occasionally to give him another push. A handy arrangement.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cookies look beautiful. Good job guys! And kudos to you Rachel for being brave enough to tackle baking with the kids. :)

QuiltNut Creations said...

so glad to hear i'm not the only mom who doesn't enjoy baking with her kids!

Keri's Collage... said...

Good job on the cookies! I would have chose those ones too Chad!
(for the record...i don't enjoy baking with my kids either!)

PS...was off yesterday and would have loved to join you at the park!

Kori's House said...

Are those the cookies that you use hard candies for the centre?
So pretty! They would be nice a Christmas cookie platter!

Fiona said...

Little Liam is too cute for words. I can see why you'd have a hard time leaving him.

Fun to bake with the kids. Good for you for doing it because the kids would like it. Selfless.