Friday, January 01, 2010

Bring On 2010!

My parents offered to take our kids for New Year's Eve this year! This let us enjoy a wonderful child-free evening with our besties last night. We had a wonderful night.
Kori and Roger made THE most delicious BBQ dinner. It was better than any restaurant...seriously amazing!
The gang! We have gotten together for New Years just about every year for as long as I can remember.

After stuffing ourselves silly on surf and turf, we found a bit more room in our tummies for a decadent chocolate fondue.


Time for games! We played a few different card games and then Mexican Train. Keri liked to stay warm and cozy in her new faux fur hoodie. She wants to assure everyone it's not a cat draped around her head :)

I think we rolled out of the driveway to head home around 2 am. The evening ended all too quickly but we certainly had a great time of laughing, eating and hanging out.

9 comments:

Keri's Collage... said...

That was so much fun, and seriously the BEST dinner I have had! It was all so yummy!
Boy did the time fly, or what?

Fiona said...

Looks like LOTS of fun! I like Mexican Train, too ... maybe we can sneak that in after Dutch Blitz! How wild and crazy can we get? :)

Anonymous said...

Bwahahaha!!! "A cat draped around her head."

What a fun night you guys had. Makes me want to hang out with you all again!

villagegirl said...

That's one of the best New year's eve traditions I've heard of. What a great way to ring in a new year.
That dinner looks fantastic!

Unknown said...

mmmm fondue! It looks like an absolute blast!

Anneliese said...

The food looks so good!

Lovella ♥ said...

We enjoyed surf and turf at our home too and our company left around 2:30. . .and I almost felt young again.
It looks like you have the best of friends and what more could a girl need?
Happy New Year to you Rachel.

Nonnie said...

It looks like you had a fun New Year's Eve. I think if I lived in the tundra I'd have to wear my faux fur hood indoors as well ;).

Kori's House said...

Let's do it again soon!!
Especially the chocolate Fondue!