Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Lumpy Buns

I need advice on my buns. Not the ones attached to the tops of my legs but my baking buns.
Can someone tell me how to get all my buns nice and smooth like this:
Instead of lumpy like this:
Thankfully Liam doesn't care if his buns have lumps! He loves to eat.


He's also keen to help as I find small children usually are. This disappears as they grow up so I put them to work as soon as possible. Liam is responsible for throwing away his own diapers. He even claps for himself afterwards for a job well done.

Felt like trying a new recipe tonight. Pesto Lasanga from 'The Best of the Best' cookbook (my favorite!). It's very very tasty but also very very rich. A dish best left for special occasions!







8 comments:

Kori's House said...

I look forward to the answer to that question! I have lumpy buns too!

That lasagne looks real good. Going to go crack open my cookbook and check out the ingredients.

Keri's Collage... said...

Maybe you are using the wrong kind of yeast?

The lasagna does look really good! I don't have this cook book and now that Kori and I don't live together I count on emailed recipes :) wink wink

Fiona said...

Can't help with lumpy buns but just wanted to say I love that pic of Liam laughing. SOOOOO cute!

Anonymous said...

I can't help you on the bun question either. Sometimes mine turn out smooth, sometimes lumpy and I've yet to figure out why that is.

Kerry said...

The lasagna looks great! And, I LOVE that Liam throws away his diapers...that is SO cute. What a good boy. :) Sorry, can't help with the lumpy buns...mine never turn out well. :(

villagegirl said...

I don't know what to tell you Rachel, I always worry that mine will turn out lumpy but they always smooth out while baking. I do try to make them smooth while squishing out each bun but that's it. Hmmm...tis a mystery.

The lasagna sounds interesting but pesto scares me a little. Was it a garlic festival?

QuiltNut Creations said...

what i do for mine is a roll them on a plastic cutting board, it seems to make them smooth.

dinner looked great!

Colleen said...

Regarding your buns, they may have had a few lumps here and there but more alarming is that there isn't a single crack!