Monday, January 25, 2010

Just for Fun

10 years ago today...

-I was a mother of only one little boy.
-I was weight lifting regularly and was quite fit.
-I living in a condo that was 'leaky' and was stressing about how it was going to affect us financially.
-I was walking everywhere or bumming rides due to only having one vehicle.



Yesterday...

-I got up VERY early to make sure Keith and Chad got out the door in time to catch the bus to Whistler
-I really missed going to church
-I spent some time at the walk-in clinic with Liam who was diagnosd with croup
-I took a nice invigorating walk with Nathan and Liam


Tomorrow...

-I will get up at 6:10 to start my day
- I hope Keith will finish the bathroom tile
- I plan to get lots done at work
- I will meal plan for the week and make my grocery list
- I will try and eat right


5 snacks I enjoy...

- nachos
- chips (not potato....just corn or rice based chips)
- crisp apples
- popcorn
- a piece of good quality dark chocolate


Best impression...my mother?!

5 things I would do with $1 000 000

- sorry MEI but I would quit my job
- tithe and have fun doing it
- go on a GREAT trip with family and friends ... maybe around the world!
- pay off any and all debt
- be boring and invest wisely


5 locations I would like to run away to

- England
- any tropical island with clear water, sandy beaches and servant
- Italy
- Greece
- Portugal

5 bad habits I have

- being impatient
- jumping to conclusions
- not very compassionate
- eating too much
- too much computer time :)

5 things I love doing

- reading
- spending time on my computer either on FB or blogging
- socializing with my friends
- watching a family movie together
- travelling


5 things I will most likely never wear

- stirrup pants
- mini skirt
- stilettos
- a mumu
- crocs

5 movies I like...

-Slumdog Millionaire
- Gran Torino
- LOTR Trilogy
- Pursuit of Happyness
- Moulin Rouge

5 famous people I would love to meet...

there is no one that I would like to meet actually. I would have nothing in common with them and have nothing to talk about. Awkward! Oh wait...maybe just Ree.... 'The Pioneer Woman'. Just her.

5 biggest joys at the moment...

- My growing understanding of Christianity
- My friends/family
- That I'm healthy and my needs are provided for
- Thinking of upcoming holidays with my crew
- My new job....it's been such a blessing


My favorite toys

- my laptop
- camera
- my Kitchen-Aid


5 people to tag (but honestly no pressure - only if you want to - it was actually a lot harder than I originally thought it would be)-Jillian, Kerry, Terry, Rhonda, Jenn Stonehouse

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great lists! I couldn't help but chuckle over one of your "most likely never to wear items" though: the mumu...I just can't wait to be old enough & eccentric enough to wear a mumu. I plan to have lots of mumus in my closet when I'm old and I plan to wear them all too!

QuiltNut Creations said...

love your list! i'll do one soon :)

cayman77 said...

thats awesome Rach!

Fiona said...

Fun list! I notice that quite a few of us have popcorn on our list of favorite snacks. Does that make us kindred spirits, or does it take more than that? :) I've got some croc flip flops that are now my FAVORITE flip flops. Never thought I'd wear crocs either, but I wore them ALL over Argentina and my feet never got sore. They don't look like the typical crocs, so that's good. :) LOVE Moulin Rouge as well (one of the reasons I want to meet Ewan McGregor). Can't believe I forgot to put my camera as one of my favorite toys! Doh! What was I thinking? :) Thanks for playing along.

Jenn said...

That was fun :)
O.K., I'll do one too but it might take me a couple of days...

Lovella ♥ said...

Terribly fun list. .