Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter Sunday

Even though this was Liam's second Easter, it was his first Easter of actually participating in the festivities. We really had a nice day. It started with an inspiring church service. I'm sure I've mentioned this before but Easter Sunday is my favorite holiday on the Christian calendar. It's what our entire faith is hinged upon.
After church we had the boys do their traditional egg hunt. We told N & C that anything 'low' was for Liam. They were very co-operative about leaving those eggs alone as they realized that they would all end up in their baskets anyhow. Liam is all about the hunt and not about the eating just yet! Keith hid the eggs in many unique places such as the fire truck and fridge door.
The boys did alright! I couldn't remember where I put their Easter baskets from last year so they had to improvise.


Sugar-fest for all.
Liam simply wanted to dump his basket and fill it up, over and over again!

Later that afternoon we headed to my parent's for Easter dinner. There she had an outdoor egg hunt all ready for the kids. Liam was in his glory as being outside is his most favorite thing!

The kids added to their stash. Thankfully, Nana doesn't over-do it so I won't be concerned about too many cavities, I hope?!

My mom made a fantastic turkey dinner with all the trimmings. It was delicious. I was in charge of the desserts, so made paska of course!

And this amazing lemon merguine cheesecake. So good....SO GOOD!


It was a really nice day. Four day weekends are such a treat and I think we should get one each month! Later this afternoon we will head over to Keith's parents for supper and that will round off our weekend. I hope each and everyone of you had a great Easter too!

8 comments:

Gaye said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. Liam is cute enough to eat. I love that his best part was filling and emptying the basket.
The boys really DID get a haul! Yeah for chocolate!

Anonymous said...

I agree...a 4-day weekend once a month should be law.

That lemon meringue cheesecake looks SO scrumptious! I swear I can almost taste it.

villagegirl said...

So, so cute! I love the b&w with the yellow boots. That's a keeper.
The boys look like they did well.
And I LOVED the service yesterday. Truly inpirational indeed.
Glad you had a nice day and enjoy the rest of your weekend! I agree there should be many more 4 day once. So nice!

Keri's Collage... said...

Great pics to show a great day.
We enjoyed the service too, with special friends from afar, and came home for lunch and paska!
Couldn't stop singing 'up from the grave He arose....'!

Ali said...

Love the black and white pic with the yellow boots...how adorable!!

QuiltNut Creations said...

looks like a fabulous day! and yes, i think we need 4-day weekends every month

Fiona said...

My mouth is watering. I think that lemon cheesecake should be on the menu the next time we get together. :) Looks like a great day ... and I agree about Easter being the pinnacle of our faith. Without it, we'd have nothing to base our faith on. What an amazing blessing.

Kerry said...

Chocolate and paska....sounds like heaven!