Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ever Heard of P-Dub?

We found out that one of favorite bloggers (www.pioneerwoman.com) was coming to the Seattle area for a book signing. There was no question in my mind that this called for a road trip! I rounded up my girls and off we went.

This was early. Too early but we wanted to make the most of the day. Some of us were so excited we couldn't sleep. JILL! We all have our cookbooks ready to be signed.
This was lunch. Yum. Yum. Yum. English toffee caramel apple.


Oh how I love to laugh and chat with my girlfriends. It's soul therapy.

Oh my dear. We witness a boy in a passing car getting his fingers pinched in the power windows. Sounds dreadful but it was absolutely hilarious!

Whee I got my ticket for my place in line at the bookstore. The whole event was very well organized. We were relieved we didn't have to stand in a line outside or anything like that.
Kori has the 'procedure' sheet for the signing event. After we got our tickets we headed to Alderwood mall for a bit of shopping and a quick bite to eat.
The bookstore was huge and there was a lower part of the building which could sort of be called a mall. There was a gym, drugstore, fishing tackle shop etc. We hung out down there until our group was called up to wait in the actual signing line.
Here we are in the actually signing line up! Getting close, getting sweaty, getting VERY excited. Unfortunately the temperature in the store was unbearable and we were SO hot!
Woot! Woot! We made it! She is lovely. Gracious. Kind. Friendly. Even her 'people' were wonderful. They didn't rush us and made us feel very welcome. What a great experience. We brought her Canadian maple syrup which she thought was very funny. We chatted for a few minutes and then it was over. It was totally worth the wait!
One of the highlights of the day was meeting these sweet gals who were lined up ahead of us. Bethany and Kristle were friendly and we totally bonded over our shared love of PW! We've exchanged emails and blog addresses and it would be great to stay in touch. If you are reading this ladies, it was wonderful to meet you!


And there it is. My signed book. Ahhhhhh.....the day was perfect in every way.


Thank you to the husbands that stayed home and cared for the kids. Your wives appreciated it very much!

6 comments:

villagegirl said...

It was a fantabulous day! One of the best I've had in a long time! The laugh therapy was very good for the soul. I'm so glad we went!

Anonymous said...

I'm positively green with envy. I love the picture of you gals laughing your heads off in the car. It makes me wish I was there with you sharing in the merriment.

Keri's Collage... said...

What do you think girls...should we go see her in Florida next?

I had a fantastic time too! Girl time is food for the soul, so how come we rarely get together?

Kerry said...

That sounds awesome! I probably wouldn't have been able to sleep either. :) I don't have her book but I love her blog/web site. And the apples...that's like the cherry on the cake.

Beth said...

It was so fun to meet you all! Loved having other people to giggle with in all the giddy excitement!

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh so fun.
I think I may have just missed her here in portland but I won't miss picking up the book.
I saw it today at Barnes and Nobles and I'll pick it up before I leave.
I'm glad you had such a fantastic girl time. .we all need that once in awhile.