Monday, September 05, 2011

Back to School Eve

I'm feeling good about tomorrow. I know it will be crazy and the day will just fly by! I'm happy that we are getting lunch brought in for us...it's always a great treat and a good way to start up the year.
Chad is excited to start grade 5! The last year of elementary school for my little bud. It's a bit surreal for us both. He's going to love being the big fish in the little pond.
Nathan is wavering between excitement and nerves. Starting a new school is a daunting experience no matter how you slice it! I feel for him and I hope and pray he has a great start!
I am thankful Keith had the foresight to book the day off. With these half day starts, I will need him to shuttle the kids around.
I don't have my freezer full of lunch box treats as I might have liked but the hot weather never really inspires me to bake. After supper tonight I did whip up a batch of 'Pina Colada Muffins' which do smell divine. Once the weather turns cool, I'll get back on that baking band wagon.

4 comments:

Terry said...

We expect a full report in 24 hours.

Keri's Collage... said...

Well...hopefully you all survived :) We did BARELY!
My freezer is also empty as the beach called to me daily over the last few weeks! haha
HAPPY SEPTEMBER :)

Trace said...

I hope you all had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! This amazing weather seems to be affecting all of our freezers. Mine is devoid of yummy home baked treats as well.