Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Great Moments

Rewind to this past August when I went to Burnaby Village with my mom and kids. In one of the houses there was a print that caught my eye. It was very Victorian and old fashioned and for some strange reason I simply fell in love with it.
I went home that day and starting searching the net trying to find out more about it. The picture is actually a set of post cards that were given free with Good Housekeeping magazine subscriptions back in the 1920's. Of course I could not afford, nor did I want a set of original post cards. I knew a print would do me nicely. I lucked on on E-Bay and found it in my mail box a few weeks later for a very reasonable price!
What was not reasonable was the cost of matting and framing the darn thing. Even with a 75% off coupon the price made my jaw drop. Since it is an odd sized print I could not frame it myself so I really didn't have a choice. I told myself it was an investment and plunked down my poor over-used Mastercard. But now that I have it back and it's hanging in it's new home in my ensuite I am super happy with it and glad I treated myself.
So...without further ado...here it is, frame by frame.






I'm sure a liberated, modern woman would never freely admit such old fashioned events make up the greatest moments of their life but truth be told they are pretty great!
The finished product....isn't it lovely?
Something just for me, in my only 'girl' room in my testerone filled house!

7 comments:

Keri's Collage... said...

It's so rare that we treat ourselves with such things! I love it!

villagegirl said...

It gave me shivers! Absolutely beautiful! Well worth the money I'd say.

Trace said...

I love it!

Jenn said...

I love it too!

Anonymous said...

That's gorgeous!

QuiltNut Creations said...

I have the exact frame, I did a set of *ahem* Twilight book covers. And even with my coupon(I had the same) the cost almost made me pass out. But like you, I am thrilled I got it done. And mine is hanging in my bathroom too lol.

Canadian Kristin said...

Love how you framed those lovely moments!