Saturday, November 24, 2012

Laundry 101

My Asian son, William does boggle my mind when it comes to his laundry.  His job is to bring his hamper down to the laundry room every Saturday and my job is to wash and dry his clothes.  I've been quite perplexed at the lack of clothes in the hamper on laundry day.  Very few 'underwears' and socks.  Rarely more than one top.  But his most frequent items are coats.  He has at least 12 coats (yes, I counted them in his closet!).  He loves his hoodies, jackets and coats washed.  We have told him before that it's okay to wash hoodies but wool, felt or heavy duty winter coats are not meant to be washed often and usually need to be dry-cleaned.  I was pretty sure we had made this clear last week but it appears he's still trying.  I found his expensive 'Roots' coat (with leather sleeves!) in the wash this morning.
Sigh.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so odd!