Thursday, November 08, 2012

Slow Speed Blogging

I've lost my blogging mojo.
It's been a heavy few weeks. 
I'll hope to be posting a bit more regularly.
Here's just a bit of an update.
 
 We've been doing family walks to enjoy the beautiful fall colors whenever there's a dry weekend.  Almost all the leaves are down now.  It's such a short but brilliantly gorgeous time!
 
 I made my first ever batch of homemade chicken soup.  Thank you Kori for the recipe.  It was so delicious.  The family just raved and raved about it!
 Liam's having some chest issues and is on two puffers right now.  Sadly his cough is crackly and his breathing is too rapid and shallow.  He's also on an antibiotic just in case of infection.  We received some excellent care at our local clinic and very speedy service at the x-ray department of the hospital last night.  He's been perky through it all which is a bonus.  I think that starting preschool has been a bit of an onslaught on his immune system.  Lots of new germs to fight off!
 These running shoes have had a LOT of kilometers put on them since late August.  I have been walking either on the treadmill or outside 6 days a week!  I can walk very fast now and Keith doesn't really like walking with me so much because he says I go too fast.  Since mid-July I have lost 13 lbs so the weight is coming off VERY slowly but that's okay.  I am committed and not going to give up. 
Nothing magical about it.  Basically, the formula has been 'move more, eat less'. 
 Which leads to me to trying to avoid the last of Liam's Halloween candy!
 
 
Today at work I had to make sure that Marci's skirt was regulation length!  Happily it was exactly 10 cm above the knee and she didn't have to go home and change.  All in a day's work!
 

8 comments:

Terry said...

Nice post. Good variety. I need some of that soup.

villagegirl said...

I love home made chicken noodle soup! And it's actually one that B likes too!
poor Liam! yes, it's hard when they get fighting all those strange germs. Poor tyke.
Wow! I think losing any amount of weight is fantastic...it's not an easy feat. Good work! (not that I think you needed it...I've always thought you looked lovely...always)
ha ha...I like the skirt measuring! Brings back high school. Next you'll be checking to see if any midriff is showing. Egad!

Val said...

Oh man, I miss you! So sorry it's been a tough few weeks! Always hard to see people we love hurting. They are blessed to have such a great friend! Congrats on the weight loss...that's awesome!!! And Marci is clearly cheating by leaning over while you measure:). Give Liam big hugs and take care of yourself.

Heather said...

I need that soup recipe! Thanks for holding the fort while I have been gone - glad the skirt measured up. PE strip in the office is not cool.

Anonymous said...

It has definitely been chicken noodle soup weather. I made some a few days ago too.

Congrats on the weight loss! I'm with Jill...I've always thought you looked great.

Trace said...

Oh no...hoping that Liam is on the mend soon!!

Big congrats on the 13lbs, that's awesome!

QuiltNut Creations said...

I can remember getting measured and having to wear gym shorts because my skirt was too short. and yet the gym shorts were shorter? lol

Stephanie said...

Do you have a link to that soup recipe? :) Looks fantastic and I don't usually make chicken noodle soup but I know the kids like it.