Friday, August 09, 2013

BC Day Outing

 
 
 
We like free outings and so on Monday we took advantage of the free admission to Burnaby Village.
 
 This garden beside the restored farm house was so lovely.  I wish I had such a lovely plot.
 Checking out the restored street trolley.
 And unlike two years ago, Liam was super keen to go on the carousel!
 This house sits on it's original foundation.
 The very same picture that inspired me to get my own copy!
 For the 1920's this was a fancy bathroom.
 Say what?
 Corn flakes with cream?!  Wow...that would be rich.
 Looks tricky!
 
 A piece of advice for our generation!
And a picnic lunch in the shade of the train depot.  It was a lovely day out.  If you haven't already, you should check this place out sometime!

3 comments:

Terry said...

That 1930's bathroom sure does remind me of our bathroom in Ocean Falls, built around the same time. Tile and toilet and sink are the same.

Sonya said...

Looks like a place I'd like to visit!

QuiltNut Creations said...

I had no idea it was free on BC Day! I've never been; must mark it in the calendar for next summer.