Thursday, August 22, 2013

It Hurts

This picture was taken on our back deck a number of years ago of my friends Shawna and Craig.  We go way back....all the way to high school.  Shawna and I were good friends since grade 9.  Craig also went to MEI with us but didn't enter Shawna's life in a significant manner until grade 11.  I actually double dated along with them on their first date!  After than they were inseparable and married right out of high school.  They had three kids and moved to Alberta a few years after they were married.  Shawna and I remained in sporadic contact and we saw them from time to time as they visited family in Abbotsford.
Craig lived life BIG!  He was a hilarious jokester, boisterous and made friends with everyone he met.
It was gut-wrenching today to hear the news that he had been killed in a motorbike accident.  My heart breaks for Shawna and his children.  There are no guarantees in life....cherish the moment, the present...the here and now.  That's all we can do.
RIP Craig....see you in heaven.

6 comments:

Sonya said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I've been praying for you and for Shawna (and her family).

Heather said...

So sorry to hear this news...I went to Sunday school with Craig and was a neighbor for a short time. Praying for Shawna, kids and family.

villagegirl said...

This is just one of the saddest things ever. something we won't understand this side of heaven. My heart and prayers have been with them all day.

Kerry said...

I'm so sorry!! It is so sad! We'll be praying for peace and comfort for you and your friend's family.

Kristin said...

Such a shock. Praying peace for Shawna and her children. Sorry for your loss, Rachel.

Keri's Collage... said...

I go to bed with a prayer on my lips, I wake up in the night thinking about Shawna and the kids, wake up in the morning thinking about them. My heart breaks for them. They have a tough road ahead.