Sunday, August 18, 2013

Planes Galore!

One of the items on my summer bucket list was to take the boys to the airshow.  I knew that Liam would be thrilled with all the planes and I wasn't wrong.  Sadly, Nate couldn't join us as he had to work.  That's life!
 
 We arrived to find the Canadian Army putting on a tactical demonstration.  Afterwards there was time for a photo-op.
 Liam enjoyed getting up close and personal with all the aircraft.
 I found it funny to see this man fixing the side of this plane with duct tape.  I know our army is constantly under budget cuts but really!?  Keith assured me he was just probably covering up some sensitive radar equipment.
 Red Baron Snoopy...how cool!
 I caught Liam yawning as Keith and this pilot had an extended chat about emergency ejection procedures.
 Sadly, due to US budget cuts there weren't any American jets at all.  It made the static display a lot smaller and for me...I missed seeing the pilots!  Ha ha!
 We 'splurged' on reserved seating this year and had wonderful seats with a perfect view of all the explosions, jet-car racing, parachuters etc.  It was definitely worth it.
As you can see it was very hot as it generally is on a treeless airstrip.  Liam lost his will to remain upright mid-way through the afternoon so we rigged up a little shady area for him. 
It was a great day and we enjoyed ourselves but I think it will be a few years before we go again. 

2 comments:

Sonya said...

I am just itching to go to the airshow again and your post really has me wishing that I could have made it happen this year. Maybe next year!

AF said...

We had a lot of fun at the airshow too. Very amusing show with the Jelly Belly plane and the Canadian Forces