Saturday, March 10, 2007

Home Making Meme

Homemake Meme

aprons - y/n? I have ever only had one that I received as a wedding shower gift but do not wear it.

baking - favorite thing to bake? I like to bake things that I know will turn out....such as cheesecakes, cookies, squares.

clothesline - y/n? I'd like one for drying sheets and towels outside in the summer. Keith isn't quite as fond of them

donuts - ever made them? No, I am not eager to deep fry

everyday - one homemaking thing you do everyday? unload and load the dishwasher

freezer - do you have a separate deep freezer? Yes and it's very old ugly and small but it was free and is very useful

garbage disposal - y/n? No...and we call them garbeurators up here in the great white north. I'd love one though

handbook - y/n? Handbook? No idea what this is referring to!

ironing - love it or hate it? I don't iron so I don't have any feeling one way or the other.

junk drawer - where is it? Well...one of our kitchen drawers has odds and ends in it along with the phone book

kitchen - design and decorating? A work in progress. I am trying to decide on a color to paint the kitchen and we need to get new hardware for the cabinets

love - what is your favorite part of homemaking? Taking care of my family.

mop - y/n? as little as possible

nylons - wash them by hand or in the washer? Nobody wears "nylons" anymore.

oven - do you use the window or open it to check? I use the window unless the oven light is burned out!

pizza - what do you put on yours? Everything...loaded please!

quiet - what do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? read blogs or read a book

recipe card box - y/n? Yes and it's stuffed full in desperate need of organization

style of house – circa 1981 BC Box but in great shape

tablecloths and napkins - y/n? tablecloths are a pain I have decided and napkins mostly when we have guests

under the kitchen sink – Garbage bin, recycling bin, dishwasher detergent, bags

vacuum - how many times a week? 3-4

wash - how many loads do you do a week? Maybe six?

x’es - do you keep a list of things to do and cross them off? Only if my 'to-do' list is too large for my puny brain

yard - who does what? We've only been here 7 months but so far it's been my job. I hope to get Keith mowing more this year :)

zzz’s - what is your last homemaking task for the day? Making sure the kitchen is spotless...I cannot wake up to a messy/dirty kitchen. That is utterly depressing!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the clean kitchen! I know several people who leave the dishes till morning. What a nasty way to start the day. Spotless is far more cheerful!
Handbook = Day Planner?

Work Chris

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I got the "you're not from around here are you?" look when I called the garbage disposal a garberator down here. And you vacuum THREE to FOUR times a WEEK??? Do you have a house full of cats and dogs? 'Cause that's the only thing that would make me vacuum that much (and pretty much the reason the only animal we own is a rabbit)! But hey, you go girl.

Anonymous said...

Vacuum 3 to 4 times a week!! Yikes! I'd rather be doing other things. Your house must look pristine inside, Rachel. I suppose our kitchen gets vacuumed that much here because of little kid's crumbs under the table.

villagegirl said...

Yes, your house doese does look pristine! I have envy. :) I agree with the kitchen thing too. I don't mind if there are a couple clean dishes drying in the sink but to wake up to a pile is very depressing!

Rachel said...

Great. Now everyone thinks I have OCD in the vacuuming department!
To clarify, I only vacuum the main traffic areas that often...stairs, hallways, kitchen. I hate to see dirty floors and it only takes a few minutes. Now that we have a built in vac it's a cinch to quickly do a clean-up. I don't have any pet hair to clean up Melissa but I have two boys that I think can be as much work as pets :)

villagegirl said...

No, you don't have OCD. You are just a wonderful cleanly woman. Apparently I have typing problems though. :)

Kori's House said...

I don't bother vacuuming my floors because I know Rachel over vacuums :)

I think you should look at the hardware at 'cozy home', it may be a tad more expensive but it would give your cabinets a unique look.
I bought some for our tv cabinet and it really made it look more updated and fun! If you go with black you can always spray the hinges.

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad, Rach. I vacuum at least 3 or 4 times a week too. I just can't stand a nasty carpet.

I agree with you on the clean kitchen thing too. Only I take it one step further and tidy up my livingroom every night too so that I don't have to see a mess first thing in the morning.