Saturday, March 17, 2007

Ode to a Nathan!

Where do I start? How can my baby boy be turning NINE years old tomorrow?! I am not old enough for this and he is not allowed to be growing up so quickly.
March 18, 1998 we welcomed a precious baby boy into our lives. He came after 22 hours of labour and then an emergency c-section. I was so happy when he finally arrived. We were sure it was going to be a St Patrick's day baby....but nature had other plans on that one!
We fell in love right away and he was the best baby ever. He slept when he was supposed to sleep and was otherwise smiley and sweet. He grew into a curious toddler but never a naughty one. He had very few tantrums and the terrible twos were only something I read about. He truly suits the meaning of his name....'Gift from God'. He has grown into a kind, thoughtful, smart and handsome boy and we're so glad we are his parents.
Enjoy the slide show. It's kind of long but it was hard to exclude some of our favorite photos of our little gem!

7 comments:

villagegirl said...

He truly is a gem! You have been so blessed. I loved the pictures - not too long at all. He's a handsome boy. Happy Birthday Nathan!

Kori's House said...

What a fabulous collection of memories!

It seems like yesterday he was a newborn baby in a stoller, and now he is growing into a fine young man of 9!

Happy Birthday and many blessings for the coming year Nathan!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful slide show of a handsome young man. Clearly you are very proud of him, as you should be. :)

Happy Birthday Nathan!

jenn said...

Happy birthday Nathan! I'm wondering if you're all up the mountain today?? What an awesome slide show of a wonderful boy. My boys enjoyed it too and say they miss your boys.

Colleen said...

I love, love LOVED this! He is so very handsome and seems like such a happy and contented kid. My favourite picture of them all (aside from all the brother pics) was the one of you and him at the dunes. It warms my insides just thinking of it.

Anonymous said...

I just never get tired of seeing those pics of Nate

Canadian Kristin said...

Happy birthday, Nathan!!! Kyle sure is enjoying having a friend in you at soccer this year!!! Have the greatest "9" year EVER!!!