Friday, March 02, 2007

Purge




Even though it doesn't seem like spring right now my internal clock knows that it's almost here. Along with that comes the urge to clean up and clean out. My target this afternoon was my closet. It's not something I particularly enjoy....but does anyone? I had a lot of stuff in there I hadn't worn forever but was keeping my hangers happy. I did a ruthless assessment of all items and got quite a bit taken out. Now my closet looks very empty which means it's time to go shopping! I'm really trying to be careful to only buy things I love rather than purchasing something because it's a great deal or something that I think will just do. Quite a bit of the stuff I am donating to charity wasn't worn very much.


Keith and I had a breakfast date today. It was such a treat to go out just the two of us. Not something that happens often enough! We tried out a new restaurant and it was very good! Such a hearty breakfast that we skipped lunch. After breakfast we shopped! We didn't find anything for the house but did come away with a few new items for our wardrobes. On sale of course :)



Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Passionate Eater said...

Rachel, you have so much more diligence than I do! I tried to organize my apartment today, but made a bigger mess than I started with! I'm tired. As you can see, I surfed the internet and posted on Blogger instead. But, you've motivated me for tomorrow!

Kori's House said...

you've motivated me to!
I have done the kids closets and Roger has done his, now it's my turn. That shouldn't be hard. My closet will be empty by the time I'm done.

Keri's Collage... said...

Way to go Rach! Sounds like a great day to me!! Which restaurant did you go to?

villagegirl said...

It must be in the air. I just did the boys closets today and part of mine as well. I am getting more cut throat with age. :)
Glad you had a lovely time with your hubby.

L&D said...

I love spring cleaning only because I like to chuck stuff. None of this silly tidy up stuff....no go for the big hucking out...it's the only way to go!

Theresa said...

Good job Rachel, it feels very good to get organized. Everyday I look at Jack's closet and want to organize, maybe this week!