Sunday, March 11, 2007

Really Soggy

It's well and truly spring around here. The rain is just coming down in buckets! What a way to start spring break.
This morning was a bit interesting with the time change. Thanks to the politicians for that earlier than usual traumatic adjustment. We actually did make it to church this morning almost on time but some people in this house were a little grumpy. No names revealed.
We had some marvelous plans to go to the carnival that is in town today with the kids. They both got fabulous report cards on Friday and this was to be their treat. No need for them to know that I got tickets for free :) But the rain did not let up for one minute today and then the winds starting gusting as well. So much for that idea. I'm sure they didn't have many customers today and probably closed it down early. The kids weren't as disappointed as I thought they would be so I was glad about that. So here was an entire afternoon ahead of us with no plans. I really hate having no plans. Some of you might call me a cruel mother but I decided that I wanted to watch 'Annie' but I don't like watching movies on my own. So I bribed Nathan to watch it. He cried at first (he desperately HATES Annie for some reason) but after making a deal about him playing unlimited 'Battleship' online afterwards he conceded. He watched it with a good attitude and told me by the end that he liked it maybe 10% more than the last time I made him watch it (and it's only been ONCE before....3 years ago!). Progress....he's making progress. This is where a daughter or niece would come in handy :)
Keith took advantage of his free afternoon to start his home project. We have a built in china cabinet....you know the ones that were so popular about 25 years ago. He pulled off the scrolled trim around it and is replacing it with something a bit more modern. Then when that is done we will paint it and put new hardware on it. Before and after photos will be posted just as soon as the project is complete. Better give us a while on that!
That is the weekend wrap up folks. I am pretty excited that it is spring break since it means that me and my little car get a two week vacation from driving the kids to school. I think most of you know that I drive 14 km each way to school so this break is just really needed. We are thinking that next year when Chad is in first grade that they'll take the bus at least one way. Something we are thinking about anyways. But I will enjoy my break very much!
Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Kori's House said...

Bummer that you couldn't go to the fair!! Maybe they will honour your tickets the next time they are in town?!?!

I look forward to the before and after photo's!

Enjoy your spring BREAK from driving!

villagegirl said...

I can't wait to see the pics! I'm sure Keith will do a marvelous job of it.
I bet you are so thrilled not to be doing all that driving. A lovely spring break it will be.

Colleen said...

Annie. Now there's a movie I haven't watched in a loooooong time. Which reminds me - I've been getting an Anne of Green Gables itch that I should probably scratch.

I'm sorry to hear your original plans went down the tube. What do you think you'll do to reward the boys in place of the carnival?

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love that you used bribery on your poor son. It won't kill him to get in touch with his feminine side. ;)

Have a marvelous spring break!