Sunday, November 04, 2007

Away Part II

We wanted to take the guys to Panera Bread since we had been there last June and had enjoyed it so much. We had a late afternoon snack which ended up being a very good idea because we didn't eat that evening until after 9pm!

We had been told by a mutual friend that 'P.F. Chang's' was a great place for Chinese food. So we arrived around 6:30pm to find the place jam-packed. I think it's always a good sign when there is a huge line up to get a table. It was an hour wait for a pager and then another 45 min or more once you received your pager! We decided to go to a movie first and then come back for a later dinner. We went to see 'Dan in Real Life'. It was really good!
Back to the restaurant. I truly could not describe the amazing flavours of the food. The lighting was horrible so I didn't take any pictures but we ordered lettuce wraps, Lo Mein with shrimp, Kung Pao chicken and broccoli and ginger chicken. Just utterly delicious food....I've never had anything like it at all. It's the kind of amazing meal that you can't stop thinking about....yes, that good! We can't wait to go back!!!!

The next day after Keith and I shared a grilled paninni at Panera for lunch we stopped for a treat at Cold Stone Creamery. He had never been there before so he had to experience it! We shared this bowl of 'Coffee Lovers Only'. It was coffee icecream, almonds and a crushed up Heath bar. Oh my! So so so good!
It was a bit cold for ice cream but completely worth it!
On the road again. After hitting the Prime Outlets in the afternoon we pointed the car north and headed home. Thanks for driving us Roger! You and your navigator Kori did a great job carting us all over the place. We stopped for dinner in Burlington at Johnny Carino's. Really tasty Italian food. The bread they serve before your meal is out of this world! Keith and I shared a spicy pasta dish that was delicious. Like I said...we ate well on our trip!
We ended up sitting in the border line-up for 45 minutes. I guess it could have been worse. We breezed through without paying duty but the guard was a bit cranky. Perhaps it was because Roger forgot to roll down his window?!

The kids were super happy to see us. Chad told me us to never ever leave him again for TWO WHOLE DAYS! Somethings never change.....he has always been that way. It's nice to be needed...and it's good to be home!

13 comments:

Terry said...

Great Blog entries, Rachel! You guys know how to have a good time, but for the life of me I cannot figure out you both stay as slim as you are.

Anonymous said...

What are you trying to do to me with that picture of the cinnamon bun? Pure torture!

I am going to make it my goal in life to go on a vacation with you sometime. I don't care where...just somewhere! You really know what trips are all about: shopping and eating!

Keri's Collage... said...

Looks like you had a great time!! Pretty please can we come with you next time?!?!?!

QuiltNut Creations said...

sounds like a fabulous trip. i'm trying to convince Jim that we need to go down!

villagegirl said...

Sounds absolutely delightful! I'm glad you had such a good time! I was drooling reading of all the scrumptious things you ate - yum!

katybruk said...

PF Changs is SOOOOOO good! I agree :) I was introduced to it just a few short weeks ago in Palm Springs. There's one in Seattle? I wonder when I can head down there next... it's SO worth it!

Sounds like the rest of your trip was equally enjoyable :)

Jen

Canadian Kristin said...

Good food, good shopping.....perfect!

Jenn said...

Yum! I miss trips to Seattle... Next year we're coming ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great weekend get away! Glad it worked out for you guys!

cayman77 said...

That looks like a blast! I cannot wait to go next week! 4 days of bliss! hmmmmm I am dreming of Red Lobster & Chilli's!

Theresa said...

How awesome!!! So glad you had such a great time!!!

Colleen said...

Girl! All these food photos! Verrrrrrry nice! (rolls those r's!)

Kori's House said...

I finally posted my pic's. Now that I see that ice cream I am ready to go back :)