Sunday, November 04, 2007

Away

We just got in last night from a little trip down to Seattle with Kori & Roger. We had so much fun! Actually, our first choice was a few nights at Harrison Hot Springs but when we tried to book, we discovered that the hotel was full. A little disappointing but since we had already arranged sitters we had to go somewhere!

Since we do enjoy a good shopping excursion AND since the dollar is so high, Seattle was the next logical choice. And I must mention that we have husbands who like to shop too! Lucky us. I should have worn my pedometer. It would have been very interesting to see how many steps we took each day. It wasn't a relaxing holiday in that regard. My feet were quite tired by the end of the trip. But perhaps all that walking helped even a small amount in putting a dent into the caloric intake of our mini-holiday. We had some of the most fabulous food!

Our hotel room came with a free breakfast. It was okay. The second morning I got a LONG BLACK hair in my scrambled eggs. Trauma! Thankfully it was the first forkful and I hadn't eaten any of it yet. GAG.

We actually ran into my aunt from Richmond at the hotel. She was also on a shopping trip with her sisters! What a small world.


The bargain were far and wide. I got clothes for the kids for practically free and other assorted odds and sods. I did get a few things for myself and Keith found what he was looking for too.....good deals all around.

I admit that one of the things I was most looking forward to was the famous fish tacos that Kori had blogged about a month or so ago. I am very pleased to report that they were just as delicious as I had hoped! Goodness....fish tacos....where have you been all my life???? I just need to clarify that Keith and I shared that plate...even though I could have eaten two :)

9 comments:

Karis said...

Your pics and stories bring back lots of memories of the Alderwood Mall. I miss WA!!! We lived so close to that mall and would go there often. They have a great kids play area in there - though I suppose you didn't pay attention to that. :)

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh...a getaway! Reading about yours is the next best thing to actually being on one myself.

Those fish tacos look SO scrumptious!

Keri's Collage... said...

*sigh*
Feeling a little left out ;)

villagegirl said...

*sigh*
me too. :)

Canadian Kristin said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....heading down in the next day or so....must stop for fish tacos and clam chowder....

Theresa said...

Where are you all getting these fish tacos?!?!?! I've never heard of them until reading your blogs!
Sounds like I must try,... oh and I'll have to check out that chinese place too!
Seattle never sounded so good!

Rachel said...

Karis-I did notice the play area. And I noticed that I was very glad I didn't need to make use of it!!

Theresa-the fish tacos were from McGrath's Fish House

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lovella ♥ said...

OOOh I love your get away. I smiled as you said your husbands enjoy shopping too. What a great thing in a mate. I lucked out in that department, and have been grateful for it many many times.

I did appreciate the good food reviews, you never know when we'll head down for a quick get a way ourselves.
Thanks.