Friday, November 16, 2007

Christmas in November...for Me!

A few weeks ago Keith asked me what I wanted for Christmas. Spying an excellent opportunity to get a long awaited task completed, I told him all I wanted was to get our new bathroom fan installed. First of all who the heck builds houses without bathroom fans! I have endured a damp bathroom ever since we moved here 1 year ago. Yes, it does help to open the window while one is having a shower but in winter that is pure torture! Anyhow....last spring we finally bought a fan and it sat in our basement waiting to be installed. And it sat and waited for a LONG time. I love Keith very much but he is a procrastinator. When he does a project he does it very well....attention to detail and he doesn't cut corners. But getting him started on a project is rather challenging. I hear this is a common trait among perfectionists! I like to get things done.....even if they are done half-arsed...I like to know it's DONE! We are so opposite, it's not even funny. Anyhow...it's been completed and I am very thankful to Keith and his buddy from work who did this for me today!



Keith told me that balancing his fat body (his words) on those skinny little rafter was very painful! Thanks for not falling through the ceiling Keith!

There is my new fan in all it's splendor. Whisk away the damp, my new friend!

And the lovely switch....I tried it....it works beautifully!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Keith poking his head through the square hole :) What an expert, wearing a mask and everything!

Terry said...

I thought for a moment there that you had talked Keith into sitting up in the attic, inhaling the damp smelly air through his respirator and expelling it into the attic.

Keri's Collage... said...

Yay! I know how much you wanted it done...Excellent!

Lovella ♥ said...

Good man, that Keith.

Canadian Kristin said...

LOL......good man, Keith!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! K, I hate to admit this, but it took me a minute to figure out what the deal with that first picture was! Keith looks kinda' freaky.

So glad for you that you got your fan installed finally. I'm trying to get my hubby to put up trim in our bathroom, but I hope it doesn't take a whole year!

QuiltNut Creations said...

great picture of Keith lol.

sounds similar to our garburetor; got it last December and it has sat in our pantry ever since *sigh*

Fiona said...

I'm with Sonya. It took me a minute to figure out what that picture was of Keith sticking his head through the hole. Funny! Glad you got your Christmas present early, but here's to hoping you still get something else under the tree. :)