Wednesday, April 02, 2008

60 is the New 40

One of the better parts of yesterday was that it was my Dad's birthday. A big milestone of 60 years! My mom treated our family to Chinese food and then we all went back to their place for some delicious homemade black forest cake.

My dad's two most very favorite grandsons!
My dad's two most favorite children!
My dad's most favorite dessert and wife!
Opening up his gift from us.....we got him a new CD player component for his stereo system.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Keri's Collage... said...

Happy Birthday Mr. F!
40 looks good on ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rachel's Dad!

That cake looks marvelous. As do you sir. ;)

Anonymous said...

So wonderful to see this wonderful celebration and the legacy of family that your Dad has....we too -Care Group - had the treat of the Black Forest Cake...absolutely yummy! So, on with the next "60"...Elma

Kerry said...

Happy Birthday Terry...that cake looked AMAZING!

Barb Stingl said...

You all look amazing! Happy birthday, Mr. Friesen! That cake looks SO yummy!

poof said...

If I wouldn't have been there I would have sworn this is a scene from Leave it to Beaver.

Terry said...

Well, finally after 60 years I get the respect I deserve with all the 'sirs' and 'misters'. Thank you all for your well wishes. I will try to be good during the next 60 years. And Carla, it is more like "Father Knows Best", but then you are way too young to know what that TV show was.

poof said...

Correction...I am old enough to know it was entirely corny (I happen to have a fine collection of B&W DVD's).