Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I Wish It Had Only Been a Joke

I got a call today at work....a call I really didn't want to get.

Keith called to tell me that my parked car had been hit and the back end was smushed!

I do have to park far away from my office and it's a nasty street we call 'the ghetto'. It's more like an alley and it's smelly, lined with garbage bins and more than a little scary. I was parked along the side of the road....the last one in a long ling of cars. Some stupid woman was picking up her puppy who was with her in the car and swerved into my car, the car in front of me, which in turn hit the car in front of it! This lady caused damage to THREE cars with her careless actions. She is young and actually had a suspended license. Grrrr! Thank God she had full insurance though. ICBC has to assess the damage. We are just hoping they can fix it and not have to write if off if the body is twisted.

I am now driving a tinny and tiny rental Hyundai until we hear further. Yeah.....what a total pain in the arse!!!!



12 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's happened to me before! Not pleasant! But from the pictures it doesn't look that bad. Just scraped along the back corner.

Keri's Collage... said...

I'm so sorry to see this Rach. It's particularly tough since you just went through this not so long ago.

Murray and Tracy said...

I am sorry to hear about your car. That really does suck. I am glad that you guys were not in the car and that you are all safe. Pheww!

Kerry said...

That sucks...hope it all gets resolved.

Anonymous said...

Oh man. That bites.

Theresa said...

I'm sorry you had to deal with that!

Terry said...

Might just be an April Fool's joke.
Seriously, we are just so thankful that none of you were in the car this time. I doubt any of you need more whiplash.

Kori's House said...

I agree with your Dad. Glad you weren't in it this time!!
It sure sucks big time!

I told you... people like your 'rear-end' you should do something about that :)

The Lang 6 said...

I was behind you almost all the way to work that day, maybe I was the last person you know to see your car in its former condition! Car crashes suck...

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh I'm so glad you needed a call to tell you and not you needing to make a call to Keith to tell him.

I'm so glad you are okay and I do hope ICBC does a good job.

Kimberley said...

pain in the arse for sure!! what a knob of a lady. sorry to hear that news. that street is truly beyond sketchy...never did enjoy that part of orientation. :o)

Fiona said...

Sucky, for sure. And driving with a suspended license? Hello!? Some people.