Sunday, April 06, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

Wow....we don't have often have jam-packed weekends like this one. It was very fun but could not do this on a regular basis!
Oh and first off....no news from ICBC on the car. They are definitely keeping us on pins and needles. All we know is that an estimator has looked at it and it's sitting in a salvage yard. Hmmm....they'd better have some news for us Monday or I'm going to have a nervous break-down! Okay, enough of car talk.
Our first event of the weekend was Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service's annual appreciation banquet on Friday night. It was held at the Ramada this year which has wonderful buffet food! This was the first year they asked all the men (and a few women, pardon me) to wear their dress up uniforms and my did they all look spiffy! A room full of firemen in full uniform? Hello! A nice sight :)

I am sorry we didn't get a photo of ourselves. I had a very proud wife moment as Keith designed two new flags for the fire department and they were unveiled that evening. They look great and he got kudos for that. Great evening altogther!
Saturday we were up bright and early to attend my cousin's wedding at 10 am! Definitely not a common thing to attend a morning wedding but it was very low key and it did free up the rest of our day for all the other things we had to fit in. I didn't get too many photos because my brother was there snapping away with his skookum camera. I'll post some of his when he emails them to me. After we arrived home we did a very quick tidy as we were expecting our dear friends whom we hadn't seen in a few years to come and visit for the afternoon. Keith even pressure washed the back deck. It's clean enough to eat off of now!We have known the Stonehouse's for almost 10 years now and even though they're on Salt Spring Island now we still keep in touch. (Jenn's blog is on my links) The kids played together like they had only seen each other yesterday. It's so cool how they can do that!


After they left around 5:30 we had a quick dinner and then Kori and family came over. We decided that a nice long walk would be a great way to visit and get the kids all tired out :) So walk we did.....and it was a looong one. Around two hours in total. I really should have worn my pedometer. Another photo-op missed as Kori spotted a gorgeous owl very close to the trail we were walking on. He let us look at him for quite a while before he flew away! Once we got home we settled the kids down with a movie and popcorn and set up the Settlers board. Kori took the championship once again. It was a late night but totally worth it.
And now we get to today. Sundays are always early mornings here. I help out in the pre-school registration each week so I have to be there by 8:45 am sharp. The sermon today was excellent and I'm always so glad I went. Once we got home I got to work on five loads of laundry as we were all running out of socks and undies. In the midst of my chores I got a phone call from my uncle who was here from Calgary for the day (it's my Opa's 80th birthday) and he wanted to come and see our place. So......another quick tidy and house tour for him! It was great to see him though and we're so glad he called. My aunt and their boys didn't fly out and my kids were really disappointed to miss seeing their cousins (well they are my cousins but young so....it gets complicated :)) Okay...are you all still there? Awake? Loving the play by play?
Next event: Opa's 80th birthday party! The whole Klassen gang gathered in the basement of a local church for a wonderful supper, dessert, visiting and a few speeches. It was wonderful to honor my Opa and I could see he thoroughly enjoyed himself.


So as you read, it's been go, go, go....I almost look forward to work tomorrow where I can relax and sit in one spot for a few hours!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! You really do need a break. But it sounds like everything you did was lots of fun.

Terry said...

I got so exhausted just reading that I have to go lie down for nap.

Keri's Collage... said...

You packed a whole lot into one short weekend! Great pictures!

QuiltNut Creations said...

a very busy weekend! sounds like fun though. i have friends that were at the dinner on Saturday night from Chilliwack's main fire department

Canadian Kristin said...

Happy Birthday, Opa!!!!!!! What a blessing to have great-grandparents for your kids!

Jenn said...

It was so great to see you all and your house! We've been waiting for that for too long... Thanks for fitting us into your crazy weekend. Next time you get to come here :)

villagegirl said...

Busy busy! Sounds like a fun weekend inspite of the business.
I agree, the sermon was well worth getting up early for!