Sunday, April 20, 2008

Making it Special



Thanks for all your cold remedies and advice. I went to the pharmacy to beg for some relief and all she told me that was safe was saline nose drops! They really didn't do much but today I feel like I am on the winning side of the battle. Still congestion and sneezing but it seems to be lightening up.
On Friday we let Chad chose his dinner and of course he asked for sushi. I couldn't taste so skipped out on the feast but he and Keith stuffed themselves silly with an assortment of rolls. Chad even eats the roe on top! My goodness.....he's a braveheart.


Yesterday my dad took Chad out for lunch. He has been made to feel very special this weekend and that's what birthdays are all about!

Last night in lieu of a party (I am a lazy, good for nothing mother) we went to dinner with his best buddy (and his family too) to Red Robin and then came back to our place for mud pie. It was a great evening even though I couldn't taste or breathe :)


Both of our boys are best buddies and are in the same classes at school....we are very blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are a lazy, good for nothing mother, then so am I! I try to avoid throwing parties whenever possible.

Jenn said...

I'd say you're a smart mama!

Keri's Collage... said...

Happy Birthday Chad!
That reminds me...we haven't gone out for sushi in a LONG time!

Colleen said...

I'm so impressed he loves sushi! I guess he's been able to skip out on the whole "is raw food safe and good for us?" that most of us had to work our way through. :)