Friday, June 19, 2009

Been Keeping a Secret

I can finally let the cat out of the bag.
I'm changing careers and have accepted a new job starting at the end of the summer.
My new position is a school secretary at MEI Middle School.
I am beyond excited!
I've always dreamed of working in a school office. I had a practicum in a school office way back in highschool and I just loved it.
I've been at the credit union for 16 years. It's mostly been really good there. The best part of working there are my co-workers and manager. I love them all so much. The job itself was not enjoyable for me anymore due to the sales pressure/goals that were placed upon us. It was time to make a change!
The credit union was really comfortable. To be honest, I'm a bit nervous about getting to know all those new people. I'm shy at heart. But of course it will all be worth it.
Of course none of this could happen without a support network behind me. Thank you to my mom and Keith's mom for stepping up on the daycare issue. Life will once again be a juggling act with me back to work.
So here's to Christmas break, spring break and summer holidays!!!!!!!!!

20 comments:

Murray and Tracy said...

Congratulations Rachel. I am so happy for you! You will be awesome at your new job. Remember at one time everyone was a stranger to you at some point in time. You will meet some really neat people. They are lucky to have you there. When do you start?

Kori's House said...

I am so thrilled for you!!
Of course I'd be happy if you would have told MEI that you and I were a package deal :)

What will I do without you at work!! *tears*

Congrats!

Murray and Tracy said...

oops what I meant by that was at some point in time everyone was a stranger to you. ie: friends, co worker, and us. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Rachel! That's such exciting news! You're going to be a terrific school secretary. Plus, think of all the interesting blogging material you're sure to get. :)

Jennie said...

Yay! I am so excited for you! I'll get to see you more often too! :)

Terry said...

Now that it is official, congratulations!

Kimberley said...

OH Congratulations Rachel!! That's awesome! I too, have always wanted to work in a school office cuz I love administrative work and think it would be a great environment. All the best with the new job.

Stephanie said...

Wow, that's great!! And congrats on having the courage to make a big change :) Will it be 5 days a week?

villagegirl said...

Woohoo! I'm so happy for you. That is what I'd like to do one day when I return to work. I'm sure you'll love it.

Canadian Kristin said...

Wow, Congratulations!!! Very exciting career move and I know this is what you really hope for!!! Well done!

Dickie Chick said...

Wow, congratulations Rachel! You sound super excited for this new change. Sooo happy for you! I pray the transition into a new career will go smoothly.

Unknown said...

way to go Rachel! Life is an adventure and I'm glad you're ready for a new chapter......you'll be a great secretary!

Keri's Collage... said...

Congratulations Rachel! I'm sure it won't take long until you settle in! We will all be praying for you!!

I do believe a celebration is in order!?!?!?

Jenn said...

Congrats Rachel! Guess I'll be seeing you around as we just got both our boys into MEI, our oldest will be at the middle school.

wildo said...

Way to go!! I was going to ask you about it and forgot the other night!! LOL guess I have too much Violet on the brain lately!!

Jenn said...

That's great news Rachel! The holidays that coincide with your kids is the best! I'm actually thinking about becoming an education assistant for our school board for the same reason... You'll do great.

Kerry said...

Good for you! That's awesome!! I'l be praying that everything goes well as you begin this new venture. :)

QuiltNut Creations said...

congrats Rachel!

Fiona said...

i'm very happy for you. like i told you before, i had always wanted to be a school secretary, so i'll live vicariously through you. :) can't wait to hear all about it. i know you'll do great.

Elma said...

Wonderful news!...Congratulations.