Saturday, June 27, 2009

Celebrating a Big Accomplishment

If you are a long time reader of my blog you will know that Chad has struggled and struggled with swimming. I have sort of lost track but I believe he had tried unsuccessfully to pass level one of the Red Cross program around four or five times. I put him in lessons twice a week at the start of June. I told him that if he could pass that we would have a big tray of sushi for dinner. This apparently was just the motivation he needed. And I think he was simply 'ready' to learn to swim. He did awesome. At each lesson he got braver and braver and I was very proud to see him overcome his fears.
Last night was the last lesson with a very exciting moment as we opened his report card to see that he earned his badge! I called up Keith and told him to pick up some sushi on his way home as we had some celebrating to do.
Well done Chad! We knew you could do it.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well done, Chad! And well done, Rachel, for encouraging him to keep trying. That's quite an accomplishment. He must so proud of himself!

Kori's House said...

Now that's a celebration!!
Good Job Chad!!

I can't help but hear Dan T. in the backround saying "Say No to Roe" :)

Terry said...

Two down, one to go!

QuiltNut Creations said...

same thing with Benji. he's tried the past 2 summers to pass a level and i am reluctant to enroll him again this year but reading this, maybe i will

way to go Chad!

Rachel said...

I don't like the roe but Chad loves it. Strange kid.

Anonymous said...

Great job Chad!

Keri's Collage... said...

Yay Chad!!!!
Yay Rachel! We've been in that boat and know how frustrating it is!

Kerry said...

Way to go Chad!!!! You must be so happy!!

Fiona said...

Whoo Hoo! Very cool that he (and you) didn't give up.