Friday, June 05, 2009

The Business of Cooling Off

We had to do something. With indoor temps reaching highs of 29 degrees it was becoming clear we'd have to escape the indoors to cool off outdoors. I went and bought Liam a little pool from Canadian Tire and set it up on the deck. The boys were very keen to 'swim' in 3 inches of water. They are devoted brothers. Actually, Chad lasted only a few minutes. He got bored!
Liam enjoyed himself very much but quickly discovered he could easily escape to explore new and exciting places. So much for my idea of lounging on a chair with Liam plays nicely with some toys. He's an escape artist!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I just bought that exact pool at the exact same store yesterday! Mind you, I don't have a baby to put in it. Just myself. :)

white girl said...

I love the look on Liam's face in the final photo. "What, Mama?" heee! He's so cute!

villagegirl said...

Liam will enjoy that pool for ages, even if he's just crawling in and out of it!

villagegirl said...

P.S. What good brothers he has!

Shawna said...

it was STINKIN' hot out here! I bet a looked like a beached whale in our little pool - I couldn't help but dipping into it!

Your boys look much cuter than I did - that is for sure!

Keri's Collage... said...

He is a VERY CUTE escape artist :)

Terry said...

I would have traded him places in a heartbeat.

Jenn said...

You have the cutest boys! (Well, almost as cute as mine) :)

Anneliese said...

I love that last photo! (What do you mean, I have to stay in here?)