Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fa Day

I think it was a good day for Keith! The festivities actually began last night as I arranged for him to have a guy's night out at the movies which is something he rarely takes the time to do. This morning he woke up to gifts....and children jumping on the bed!
My parents and Andrew came over for supper. Keith's parents are in Ontario so we'll celebrate with his Dad later.
I made a very yummy dinner of sticky garlic chicken skewers, veggies, salad, herb bread and chocolate cake with fudge sauce for dessert. Check out MGCC for the recipe.
After supper we went on a long walk. Andrew and the boys stayed back to watch a DVD while we took my parents along the new portion of discovery trail. There is quite an elevation gain on the way home and my parents were huffing and puffing and uttering things that made it sound like they didn't like our walk :) I'm sure they were just joking...right?!
Liam was a bit cranky and needed to be let out to walk for a ways.
And then he 'needed' to hold hands with his grandparents whilst in the stroller. Oh my, he's spoiled!

Sadly I didn't get a photo with Keith and the kids. What was I thinking? Oh well...I can always take one tomorrow and pretend it was from today :)

2 comments:

Terry said...

We had a most delicious dinner and the walk was great. We are used to level walks so this was very invigorating. I am glad you ignored the complaining. :) That cake was THE BEST!! Thanks for everything. You treated me royally and once again made me a proud father.

villagegirl said...

Looks like a great day! A good dinner and a walk sounds fantastic!