Tuesday, June 08, 2010

This, That and The Next Thing

Well, here's an update:

-The renovations to our home are going painfully slow. As my insurance friend advised, they love the emergency call out but to get the renovations moving is a slow process. Today we had the dry-waller here so that is progress.

-Nate is in the process of auditioning for Abbotsford Children's Theater. We are waited with baited breath to see if he gets a part for their production this winter

-Nate just got new lenses in his glasses. His eyesight is quite bad with his prescription being -4.0 and -3.75. I don't know what those numbers mean except they get higher with each visit. Contacts will be in his near future.

-Liam doesn't like sleeping through the night anymore and Keith is getting really tired of popping in and out of bed to settle him. Really glad that's not my job :) We hope it's phase!

-We just celebrated Keith's dad's 70th birthday!

-My friend from Ireland is coming out this summer for 5 weeks and I'm so excited to see her!

-One more month of work for me and I'm off for 6 weeks! Sweet. Work is crazy busy now as we gear up for year end and prepare for next fall. Still loving my job, my co-workers and even the students :)

Those are the highlights of the past few weeks. The rest of the time we've just been living life and doing our best to savour the moments!
Hopefully there are more exciting or at least interesting posts in the near future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that must be one of the nicest things about working at a school...having the summer off with your kids.

Canadian Kristin said...

Having eye sight similar to Nate's... can I suggest you start saving for lasik? FYI: You can get sample contacts at the optometrist.

YAY SUMMER BREAK!!!

Stephanie said...

I can't believe Keith has taken on the full-time job of night soother to Liam. You have it GOOD, Rachel!!!