Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Yucky Yuck Yuck

I'm totally copying my friend's post here but I thought it was a neat idea. Since food is a subject near and dear to my heart, it's quite appropriate for my blog :)


The top 10 foods that I don't think I'll ever like!

1. Deep fried onion loaf.


It's too greasy and rich for me. Even thinking about it makes me gag.

2. Cool Whip

Fake food. Edible oil product. Why bother. BLECH!

3. Mushrooms



This is a fungus. Need I say more?

4. Warm milk


Warm milk does not taste good. Ever.

5. Walnuts




So bitter....so wrong.


6. Real Maple Syrup



The irony is not lost on me that I prefer 'fake' Aunt Jemima to real syrup. So be it. This stuff just tastes weird and is completely over priced!

7. Poached Eggs


A bit too gelatinous for my taste. I love eggs but this is one of the only ways to cook them that I am not fond of.


8. Brussel Sprouts



Stinky little critters. Stay away!


9. Oysters




Look at them! This does not look like something one should eat. Slimey and smelly.


10. Short Bread






No flavour, too rich and blah. I'd rather pass on short bread!

Well....what do you say? Am I complete freak? Let me know what you think!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya, you're a complete freak. Just kidding! I would disagree with you on the brussel sprouts, the mushrooms, the Cool Whip and the shortbread. I've never tried deep fried onion loaf, poached eggs or real maple syrup so I can offer no opinion on those.

Keri's Collage... said...

Shocking list! Onion loaf? Shortbread? I love Brussel sprouts...and have a new appreciation for cooked mushrooms!
Poached eggs...but you like other eggs?

Terry said...

You are completely out to lunch (so to speak)on seven items on your list. I can only agree with Brussels Sprouts, Cool Whip, and Short Bread. Does this mean that I only passed on 30% of my genes?

villagegirl said...

No, not a freak. I can't imagine eating onion loaf?
I've never loved Cool Whip. Pure chemicals.
And the Maple Syrup. I've never been a fan of that either. It's the last thing I'd put on pancakes! Although I don't mind it used in baking. I think IT tastes like chemicals. Blech.
and the Oysters. GAG!!!!! Is all I can say to that. Hmmm...maybe I should start my own list...

Kerry said...

I agree with you on most of them...I like mushrooms and short bread though. :) I really liked this post...I may have to "borrow" it.

Stephanie said...

I like most of this stuff except the Cool Whip (yuck!) and probably the onion loaf. I've grown to like real maple syrup because my French-Canadian husband adores it - I find you only need a touch of it compared to gobs of the fake stuff. Shortbread is not my favourite either but I will eat one piece with a cup of tea if there is nothing else on the table. It's super rich!