Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Take Me Back

My mom (aka Busy Lizzy) back in the good ole Amway days. I always admired that dress when I was a little girl. I thought it very fancy! My parents travelled quite a bit when they were in Amway for various seminars. Often we were able to go with them and sometimes not. At the time I would mock them out for selling Amway but looking back I now realize how priveledged I was to be able to stay in hotels so often! I remember that most of my friends back then had rarely ever stayed in a hotel! My brother and I were left to wander (gasp) the hotel while they were in meetings. Dad would give us rolls of quarters to use in the arcade or we could earn money by babysitting younger kids for the other parents. But the highlight of any trip was the pool. How I loved to swim!

7 comments:

Terry said...

That photo was taken on a New Year's eve at Del Webb's Mountain Shadow Inn in Scottsdale Arizona. A very classy place and a classy lady.

Keri's Collage... said...

That's an awesome memory! Love the dress too!

Kerry said...

Great dress! :) I have very similar memories as my parents sold Amway too.

Anonymous said...

Your mom looks very beautiful.
Such fun memories you have!

villagegirl said...

Love that picture. I would have thought the dress very fancy too!
Wander the hotels?!?! How delightfully free! I would have loved that, and yes, the pools too.

villagegirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sultana said...

We were living a dream..........actually these trips were good for our relationships as I remember. I'm so glad we did all the hard work to get there.