Wednesday, October 20, 2010

To Celebrate Mom

I had my parents in on Sunday to celebrate my mom's birthday. Aren't I a good daughter? Well, I'm her ONLY daughter so it's all up to me, it seems :)



I would have loved to have made something more exciting than chicken and potatoes BUT my mom is on a very restricted diet due to digestive issues and cannot do ANY dairy whatsoever. Add to that is that fact my dad doesn't eat red meat (due to kidney stones) and it becomes more challenging to make a meal! That being said it was tasty and she enjoyed it.


So in lieu of birthday dessert (name a dessert without dairy?!) she had a second helping of salad and we stuck a candle in it. One just had to make due with the present circumstances!


After dinner we all gathered 'round the TV to watch our beloved 'Amazing Race'. It was a great evening!



8 comments:

Keri's Collage... said...

A fun night!
Good job Rach!

Terry said...

It was terrific right down to the last bite. And watching Liam watch jets take off for an hour was a real hoot!

Anonymous said...

You're such a terrific daughter. Your mom is blessed to have you in her life.

Kori's House said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. F!

sultana said...

That was a GREAT birthday dinner Rachel.........thanks for all your effort. I feel celebrated !

poof said...

Warm fuzzies. :)

Auntie Gaye said...

Couldn't Andrew host a dinner out for Mom? Why should the daughter take responsibility each year? Times are a-changing.

Kerry said...

The meal looks great to me!!