Monday, October 25, 2010

Who Likes Mondays?

Me, I do. That's who.

Did you know that every Monday my mom has us all over for supper?

Some might say I'm spoiled.

I say that my parents really value getting together with us on a regular basis so we feel connected and keep a good relationship.

The boys really benefit as well and have such a great relationship with their Nana and Grandad. This is something I didn't get with my grandparents.

I'm very thankful for this.

And one day I hope to do the same for my kids when they are grown and have flown the coop.

So, that is why Mondays are a GOOD day for me!

6 comments:

Keri's Collage... said...

What a nice way to start your week!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful weekly tradition!

Jenn said...

I love that! We've never lived in the same town as my parents, but if we did, we'd get together all the time. I'd love to do that with my kids when they're grown, but if they follow in out footsteps they'll be all over the place...

villagegirl said...

That's a great tradition. I want to do that when my kids are grown.

Kerry said...

That is a wonderful tradition. And, even more wonderful is that your children have a relationship with their grandparents. What a blessing!

white girl said...

For the year and a half that we lived close to them, I really grew to appreciate the special bond that naturally grew between my kids and the grandparents. You are so blessed to be able to spend time with family every week. I'm so glad you treasure it!