Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Day for the Moms!

Mother's Day. A day I'm not fond of but am trying to change my attitude! Thankfully a little pressure was off this year due to Keith's mom being out of town. Do you moms find that it's hard to please everyone (including yourself) on Mother's Day? Someone usually gets ripped-off!

Anyways, let's recount the day. We had planned for church even though Keith had been away at work the night before until 2:00 am. He was supervising the explosives at a movie shoot out in the country. He said it was rather exciting watching all the stunts and special effects. So, tired as he was we went. Truth be told he was obligated to go to church because I had been asked to help out in the 2 year old Sunday School class and since it was Mother's Day, Keith felt that he should do it in my place. He's nice like that.

Liam often wakes up with a severe cowlick and a wet cloth on his head during breakfast can assist in making him look presentable! And hair product....the strong hold stuff!
My boys got me some lovely items for the garden (I basically told them what I wanted....no use of them wandering the mall without a clue) that I love. I also bought myself a hanging basket. I then broke my cardinal rule of no cooking on Mother's day and prepared a few salads and a rhubarb crisp as my mom was coming to supper. Keith picked up a bucket of KFC and that was our meal. Simple but quite good I thought for a last minute idea.
After supper we headed to the local school field to fly Chad's new airplane.
You are never too old to enjoy the slide, I see.
Liam was a little sweetie for me. And bonus...he kept his underwear dry all day! Can't complain about that.
After a bit of flying we all headed back home to watch the Amazing Race finale. If you watched it I'm sure you'll know what I am talking about when I say 'waxing'. I have not laughed that hard in a very long time. Not really happy about the winners but what can you do?! I look forward to next season.
And that, was Mother's Day 2011.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfectly lovely Mother's Day.

Terry said...

It was a nice day. Thanks for having us in, Rachel. Thanks for not telling everybody that I broke Chad's airplane. Even Granddads were little boys one time and still like flying planes. I will get him a new one on the weekend.

Kimberley said...

Oh I know the "waxing" was hilarious!!! I wasn't thrilled about the winners either, but oh well. Glad you had a nice mother's day. :)

Trace said...

Looks like you all had a great day! :)

villagegirl said...

Sounds like you had a good day!
I agree, someone always gets ripped off. And it's usually me. Oh well. I suppose my time will come.