Friday, May 27, 2011

Songs, Poems & Turtes

We were invited to Chad's school tonight for a short music and poetry evening. Chad's class sang several songs and in between songs the students read some of their poetry.

Chad often caught my eye as he was singing so I could give him a cheeky look. I was trying to make him laugh!
He did a great job reciting his poem. I made sure he had taken out his retainer so we could understand him!

Afterwards we were invited back to class to view their animal projects they did for science. As you can see, Chad chose the Western Pond Turte. I've never seen a turte but apparently they do indeed exist!


And last but not least, my blog book arrived!
It's pretty nice. It's quite small as I had only started blogging late in 2005 but it's a good keepsake. I'll have to save up to get 2006 printed. That was a BIG year for blogging!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Rachel, I've seen quite a few turtles here on the island. They like lakes and ponds.

Terry said...

There are turtles at Fish trap creek park (the goose poop loop)and also at Mill Lake. Seen 'em with my own eyes. Good work, Chad!

Terry said...

But turtes, not so many. Haha.