Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ikea Booty


New bedding for all! I do love Ikea even if it means trying to cross
the ever-congested Port Mann and being tempted by 50 cent hot dogs as you leave the store.

Nate had been using a single size duvet on a queen size bed. Now he has the proper sized AND matching bedding. My mom has generously offered to sew a bed skirt to complete the ensemble. Mom, if you are reading this I think grey would be a good color!
Chad didn't get new bedding from Ikea but he has something even better. A quilt sewn with love by Nana. It really suits him.

Liam also got a new duvet cover. I just love this plaid pattern. Who am I kidding? I love plaid of any kind!

Keith and I got new bedding too! Love love love this material. It's kind of like a toile but not really. It's light and fresh and I look forward to finding some throw pillows and finishing touches for the bedroom.

We have missed the wonderful built in shelves that Liam had in his old room. This new unit from Ikea is just perfect for holding all his books and assorted toys that need a home. With having electric baseboards (just on the upper floor of our house), it really limits what you can run against the walls so putting this inside his closet was a good solution. Closet doors are off to make it easier for Keith to hammer on the new baseboards. It will almost be a shame to cover up this nice shelf with closet doors eventually.
We also have some more items to 'build' from Ikea. All in good time. Keith is just plain worn out from the last week and I think he deserves a day off!


6 comments:

Terry said...

Wow! You guys sure are on a tear! There is no stopping someone who is highly motivated. So when are you putting new paint on the walls and doors? :)

Rachel said...

Dad....You tell me!

villagegirl said...

Love it all!
Funny...I was just considering going out to Ikea soon for that very thing...bedding!

Anonymous said...

Great choices on all the bedding.

Trace said...

Great buys!! I love Ikea!! They are putting one in not 5 minutes from us... I am very scared.. hehe

QuiltNut Creations said...

I love Ikea, you got some great goodies!