Wednesday, August 03, 2011

A Mother Like No Other

What kind of mother takes her kids out for ice cream after a less than satisfactory trip to the dentist? One cavity for Chad and three for Nate. I wasn't impressed! Yet the sun was shining beautifully AND I was on that end of town so we all had ice cream for lunch at Birchwood Dairy.

Liam played ever so nicely in the waiting room while the boys were getting their cleaning. I think the solid 12+ hour sleep he had last night was the advantage!
The horse was perky and very interested in us. Often I find that the animals at the farm are all huddled up against the barn out of the sun. There were also a group of kids feeding them all sorts of produce that had them seeking out treats.
Liam most certainly could have sat on this tractor all afternoon. I think this photo turned out really well and will have to enlarge and frame it. It can be difficult to get anything but a cheesy grin out of Liam!
I thought a bowl of ice cream would be easier and less messy than a cone. Only marginally so!
Nathan had coffee crunch ice cream.
Chad had New York Cheesecake and I had Peanut Butter Cup (and it was disappointing).
Then I sat and soaked up the rays will Liam enjoyed having the play area all to himself. What a great lazy afternoon activity. I love summer time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never been to Birchwood Dairy which I think is a tragedy.

villagegirl said...

Summer requires different rules than the rest of the year. :)
I haven't been to Birchwood in a while. I think I must go soon!

Kori's House said...

ANY time is a good time for ice cream :)