Friday, August 26, 2011

A New Challenge

Things are going to be different for me at work this year. Something has occurred that I certainly did not foresee in my future at all. Due to the resignation of our lead secretary, I have been asked to take up the position of lead.
The title is a bit ominous and I really do not see myself as a 'leader' in any capacity. In all honesty, our office runs like a well-oiled machine and I really won't be directing anyone. I'm just the one that is responsible for the office when all is said and done.
The position is a trial until December (at my request) and then I'll assess it at that point.
I want it to work out but I will need to see how my new responsibilities work with my family life as well. Heather has total confidence in my abilities (so she says...ha ha ha!) which is also most reassuring.
I am strangely calm about the whole thing and that's a real surprise to me. Anyone who knows me, knows what a 'worrier' I am. I feel completely at peace. Could it be that I am actually and finally growing up?
At my age, it's about time!

14 comments:

villagegirl said...

Rachel, I have no doubt in my mind that whatever you set out to do will be a success! You are hardworking, logical, dilligent, fun loving and kind. Sounds like you'd be the perfect person for the job. I do hope it works out well.

Terry said...

Piece 'o cake. Did I spell that right? Anyway, you will be fine.

Kerry said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! I'm sure you'll do GREAT!

sultana said...

I know that you can do it. You have more talent that you think you have . You are definately a leader. Way to go.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll be terrific in your new position. No sweat!

Heather said...

PEACE usually means it's good and ALWAYS is from God.

Behind you a 100% and appreciating you!!

Trace said...

Congrats!!! I'm sure you will be a fantastic leader! :)

Sheri said...

You are and will be awesome! I always appreciate your help:)

white girl said...

You are going to do splendidly! I can just feel it! Congratulations!

QuiltNut Creations said...

you'll do great! congrats on the opportunity

Dickie Chick said...

Congrats Rachel!! What a great opportunity!! :)

Jennie said...

Yep, what they have all said...You will do amazing! :)

Jenn said...

Congrats Rachel! You'll do amazing :)

wildo said...

Congratulations!!! You will do great!!