Thursday, August 04, 2011

O&O

The other day my mom brought by my Oma & Opa to come and see our new place. I had been putting them off for a while wanting it 'all done' before they came but since that day is so far in the future I decided now was as good as time as any!
My grandparents are really quite wonderful people...old fashioned to be sure but very loving. They 'ooohed' and 'ahhhhed' and seemed quite happy for us. Lucky for me that Keith happened to show up for lunch right when they arrived so he was able to show Opa around and answer all sorts of manly questions about the furnace (Opa had his own heating business back in the day). My mom toured Oma around and spoke German so I have NO clue what sorts of stories she told them. Sheesh!
As English is their second language, Opa said my house was very 'tasty' but I'm sure he meant tasteful. Oma told me we lived in a palace. Indeed when I see our house through their eyes it is a grand place. It's all about perspective, right? They are immigrants to Canada and have had to start from scratch more than once. I know for a fact we are very blessed and certainly do not take any of it for granted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...this makes me wish that my Oma & Opa were still around.

Kori's House said...

That's really neat that they were able to come and see your place!