Friday, February 03, 2012

Cresting 'That' Hill!

It's finally happened.  I am starting to feel my age.  Oh, I know you people who are 'older' will likely scoff at this.  But truly...it's starting to show.  The wrinkles are still at bay but the greys are sprouting and multiplying like bunnies.  The make up under my eyes cannot be scrubbed off....oh, that's not mascara, those arepermanent dark circles!  I look in the mirror and always look 'tired'.  I need my sleep much more that I ever did.  I feel really rotten if I don't eat properly.  Yet, I am thankful that my health is quite good, my brain is still sharp-ish and I have energy to get through the day!  Yes...nothing to complain about at all.  These were mere observations.  Am I ready to start coasting down the hill?  Let's chat again next February but for now I am going to enjoy this LAST year of my thirties.  Hello 39!

I'd guess 1979 in my bedroom with my beautiful wall paper!  Just a little peek at what I looked like about 33 years ago.  Sheesh, how can this be?!





6 comments:

villagegirl said...

Happy, happy Birthday dearest!
I think you needn't worry...you look fantastic all.the.time! Thanks for blazing the trail for the rest of us with such grace and style!

Terry said...

And thirty three years from now (read tomorrow) you will look back to today and will not believe how young you were. It's true!

Keri's Collage... said...

Great picture! Happy Birthday :)

Kori's House said...

You are such a cutie!!
PS... I haven't noticed your dark circles etc. So whatever you are doing, keep doing it :)

Lovella ♥ said...

Doesn't it just go so fast? I am reminded often when I think of my Dad saying to me at 81 that in his heart he was still a young man. That is often how I feel and yet I don't take forgranted another birthday on the horizon and I know you don't either.

Happiest Birthday to you dear Rachel. You are just lovely!

White Girl said...

You were so adorable! My 1979 self is very envious of your bathrobe.

Happy 39th!!