Saturday, February 04, 2012

Treating Me Right!



My birthday was a good one!  It had all the elements needed to feel like it wasn't just another ordinary day.  I received thoughtful gifts, my meals were served to me instead of me serving them to others and mostly I felt loved.  That's about all I consider necessary for a perfect birthday!

I did have to work on my birthday but that was fine with me.  The entire student body was away on various field trips so the school was empty and we could be as goofy as we liked in the office.  Heather took Marci and I out for lunch which is a rare treat.  I love these ladies!  It was a sunny, gorgeous winter day and we stopped at Mill Lake for a quick photo op on our way back to school.

 I came home after work to find Keith making me a birthday cake!  I was very impressed and it sure tasted good too.

 He also made one of my favorite suppers...taco salad.  It was super delicious!
 And to top it off he served up one of my favorite drinks, a tequila sunrise.  The kids all had shirley temples. 

To top it all off, Keith bought me this framed print to hang above our bed.  It's exactly what I had been looking for.  Thanks, Keith for listening to my hint dropping....you are learning well!
I also had a beautiful orchid dropped off for me by my brother, a quilted table runner made for me by my mom and some silly cards from the kids.
Tonight, Keith will take me out for supper and then it'll be done!

7 comments:

Keri's Collage... said...

A lovely birthday indeed! Love the new bedroom art!

AF said...

Wow that cake looks fantastic! Way to go Keith!

villagegirl said...

What a great day!
Love the cake - great job keith!
The art is great too. You will have to take a picture of it all put up.

White Girl said...

What a fun birthday! I'm so impressed with the cake! Way to go, Keith!

And I love the sign for over your bed. So sweet - just like the bday girl ;)

Trace said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!! Love the sign Keith got you! And the cake - way to go Keith! :)

QuiltNut Creations said...

the cake looks great! love the sign.

cayman77 said...

Wonderful Husband~wonderful couple! :)) ps- luv your sweater! colors look fab on you!