Sunday, February 26, 2012

Snow Shoeing!

I had to get better for today.  I just had to!  Thankfully my flu was the 24 hour variety and I woke up on Sunday with just enough energy to go on our planned snow-shoe outing with the Jones and Unrau families at Cypress Bowl.  The day was sunny and glorious...and all I could think about was not puking on the trail.  And I didn't.

 I had booked us a guided tour and the guide and rentals were all ready when we arrived.  Bending over to attached my snow shoes was a bit of a struggle but I managed.  Everyone was excited to get going!
 The first part of the tour is directly up hill and quite work out.  It was nice to get that out of the way first. 
 Meet Kori's husband, Grizzly Adams.
 With shoving my camera in and out of my pocket the setting got switched...which explains this over-exposed picture of Keith in snow up to his butt.  There was a base of 3 metres.
 It was truly beautiful.  Crisp and dry.  No rain like last year!
 Our family...sans Liam.  Sorry buddy....not this time!
 My 'almost' sisters!
 After about 90 minutes of exploring we reached this summit.  Below is a lodge from 1926 where we stopped for a break.
 Hot chocolate and cookies went down a treat.  I gave my cookie to Keith.  You KNOW all is not well with this girl when she says no to a cookie.
 The kids were real trooopers and from what I could tell really enjoyed this experience.  Nate did say that he prefers cross-country skiing.  I'm not sure I would...it looks like a lot of work!
 Minus the power lines the view from the parking lot was rather fabulous.
About half way down the mountain we stopped at the viewpoint for a quick look-see.  We do live in a very beautiful corner of the world.

4 comments:

Trace said...

It IS a very beautiful corner of the world! :)

Keri's Collage... said...

What an awesome day! I could do that every week! Thanks for making it happen Rach!

Fiona said...

You guys are so awesome! You're always doing fun things as families. I love that ... and I LOVE the pic of you 3 lovely ladies.

QuiltNut Creations said...

looks like a very fun day.