Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Showing Love

Only a little effort is needed for a special Valentine's Day.  I got up just a bit earlier to surprise everyone with French Toast for breakfast.  The usual routine is 'fend for yourself' during the week so they were all super happy!  Please try not to be envious of Nate righteous bedhead. 
 I opened up the kitchen cupboard to find a few gifts from Keith...even though we had agreed 'no gifts'! I rarely buy magazines so this gift was really appreciated!
Liam was pretty happy to get breakfast at home.  My mom usually gives him breakfast on Mondays and Tuesdays.  Nate woke him up for me and told me that Liam announced (while still in bed) that it smelled like syrup.  I knew there was no getting him out the door without feeding him first!


And for dessert tonight I made brownies and cut them into hearts.  Served up with some ice cream and strawberries it tasted very fancy!
I do hope someone made you feel extra loved today.


5 comments:

White Girl said...

I agree with you - it's the simple, special touches that make the day. I love that your Valentine hid your present in the cupboard where he knew you'd find it! hee! So sweet.

And, yes, I'm very envious of the righteous bed head!

Keri's Collage... said...

I'm all for the EXTRA love on Valentine's Day! I'm a sucker for anything that is heart shaped :)

villagegirl said...

You totally rock! What a good mama you are.
And you are right. Totally envious of the bedhead. :)

Trace said...

Chocolate + magazine = perfect gift!! :)

Anonymous said...

Nate's hair is AWESOME!

Love the heart-shaped brownies. I did that last year and they were a huge hit.