Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lent

I had ignored Lent for a few years but felt compelled to participate this year.  Giving up chocolate or desserts isn't super hard for me.  I knew for this sacrifice to count it had to really and truly be a sacrifice...hence I will not be logging onto Facebook for 40 days.
Of course, I'll be fine but I certainly will miss being nosy and finding out all about my 332 friends each day.  I'll miss updating my status to tell the world about my comings and goings.  You may see an increase in my blogging!  I hope to better spend my time doing more constructive things.   Maybe after 40 days I won't even log back on....yeah right!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Giving up Facebook is a tough one. I'm missing it already! And all day long status updates are going through my mind but there's nothing I can do with them. :(

Keri's Collage... said...

Good luck :0)

villagegirl said...

I've been on a facebook lent for years. It's rather lovely and freeing. Who knows, maybe you'll want to live without it forever? :)
It's still sweets and chocolate that are the hardest for me to give up. Ugh.

Terry said...

Quote from a news site the other day. "Facebook prevents people who do not have a life from having a life." Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.

Trace said...

Good luck!! :)