Thursday, April 04, 2013

Cruising Day Nine

Today as an 'at sea' day as we didn't take many pictures.  We reflected over breakfast at what a nice holiday it had been but we were ready for home.  We were beginning to remember that we had kids and that maybe we were starting to miss them a bit.  I had a smidgen of PMS and felt weepy most of the day.  We were able to sleep in today as there wasn't a port to rush off to first thing.  After breakfast I sunbathed while Keith went to a seminar put on by the captain about ship navigation.  I found the sun to be too hot (I started to get some heat blisters...eeeks!) so we grabbed lunch from the grill and ate in the shade of our patio.  After lunch I decided to take a break from the sun and join Keith as he was going to listen to a talk about ship operations.  It was actually quite interesting.  Keith stayed on for another lecture from a NASA scientist while I went back to the room and had a nap.  It was a lazy afternoon.
That evening was formal night and we took our time getting all dolled up for the final hurrah.
  I even consented to having our portrait taken by the ship's photographer as it was something that meant a lot to Keith.  It actually turned out well so we ended up purchasing it.
 

 Another great dress found by my personal shoppers, Keri and Kori.  They helped outfit me for this entire cruise which I appreciated so much!
Dinner was extra special tonight and Keith started his meal off with Oysters Rockefeller.  Blech! 

 I shocked our bar waiter by actually ordering a drink.  Usually we just waved him away as we were content with our ice water but tonight we 'splurged' and he was excited...so excited he danced off without taking Keith's drink order.  It was funny!  Pina Colada complete with umbrella.
 Lobster all around tonight!  I like lobster but it's not the be all end all for me.  The lady next to us had two!

 Another 'first' for me tonight was Baked Alaska.  I could have had two if I would have had room in my tummy for it!
 And here we are with our fantastic waiter Mohan (India) and his assistant Gilberth (Nicaragua).  You really grow fond of these people who bring you delicious food every night.  Mohan was kind, gentle and professional and Gilberth was a fire-cracker waiting to go off.  He was hilarious...and can you believe it, a grandfather of seven?!  Mohan was just about done his contract and eager to go home to his new bride of only two months. 
All the staff had their home country on their name tags so I was forever squinting at them to see where they were from.  So interesting!  Maybe I'll encourage my kids to work a cruise ship for a while before they settle down.  Seems like a great way to earn money and see the world for free!
It had been a fabulous evening.  We ended the night with a stroll around the deck.  The air was getting a teeny bit cooler so we couldn't avoid it...we were definitely getting further north.  Sigh....one more day on the ship!

3 comments:

Keri's Collage... said...

I don't want the posts to end....

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your dress! You look smokin' hot in it!

Kristin said...

The dress is fabulous!

And what an amazing opportunity to experience different cultures all in one ship! Very interesting!

The travelling motorbikes is interesting, too!